I had spent the afternoon preparing this dish, slicing the eggplant into thin rounds, breading and frying them to a golden brown, and layering them with tomato sauce and cheese. When my guests came over, I couldn’t wait to see what they thought about my eggplant parmesan recipe. As I watched my friends dig in, I couldn’t help but feel a sense of pride and satisfaction.
The first bite was met with rapturous applause. “This is amazing!” one of my friends exclaimed, as they took another bite. “I can’t believe you made this from scratch!”
In this blog post, I will share my recipe for Eggplant Parmesan and provide step-by-step instructions for how to make this delicious and satisfying dish at home. I will also offer some tips and tricks for cooking with eggplant, so you can get the most out of this tasty and nutritious vegetable.
Here are the ingredients you will need to make Eggplant Parmesan with breading and tomato sauce and cheese, cooked on a frying pan:
- 1 large eggplant
- 1 cup all-purpose flour
- 2 eggs
- 1 cup breadcrumbs
- Salt and pepper, to taste
- Olive oil, for frying
- 1 cup tomato sauce
- 1 cup grated mozzarella cheese
You will also need a frying pan and a baking dish for cooking the Eggplant Parmesan. Optional ingredients that you may want to include are fresh herbs, such as basil or parsley, and Parmesan cheese for sprinkling on top.
Here are the steps for cooking Eggplant Parmesan with the listed ingredients:
- Slice the eggplant into thin rounds, about 1/4 inch thick. Sprinkle the slices with salt and let them sit for about 15 minutes to draw out the moisture.
- Set up a breading station by placing the flour, eggs, and breadcrumbs in separate shallow dishes. Beat the eggs well.
- Dip each eggplant slice into the flour, then the eggs, and finally the breadcrumbs. Make sure each slice is well coated with breadcrumbs.
- Heat a large frying pan over medium-high heat and add enough olive oil to cover the bottom of the pan.
- Carefully place the breaded eggplant slices into the frying pan and fry for 2-3 minutes on each side, or until they are golden brown.
- Transfer the fried eggplant slices to a paper towel-lined plate to drain any excess oil.
- Preheat your oven to 350 degrees F.
- In a baking dish, spread a layer of tomato sauce on the bottom. Place a layer of fried eggplant slices on top of the sauce, then sprinkle with mozzarella cheese. Repeat until all of the eggplant and cheese are used up, ending with a layer of cheese on top.
- Bake the Eggplant Parmesan in the preheated oven for about 15 minutes, or until the cheese is melted and bubbly.
- Let the Eggplant Parmesan cool for a few minutes before serving. Garnish with fresh herbs and Parmesan cheese, if desired. Enjoy!
Other Ways To Enjoy Eggplant
If you enjoyed this Eggplant Parmesan recipe, be sure to check out our other eggplant recipes for even more tasty and creative ways to enjoy this versatile vegetable. From grilled eggplant to eggplant curry to eggplant lasagna, there are many delicious and healthy dishes to explore.
Eggplant is a nutritious and tasty ingredient that is packed with fiber, vitamins, and minerals. It is also low in calories and versatile in the kitchen, making it a great choice for a wide range of dishes.
So why not give eggplant a try and see what delicious and healthy recipes you can create? We have plenty of ideas to get you started, so be sure to check out our other eggplant recipes and start experimenting in the kitchen today!